Email AdultMusings@gmail.com with sites you recommend, ideas for us to write about, or to submit articles you have written.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mind if I Fart?

It seems to me that anti-smoking laws just keep getting stricter and stricter. No smoking on airplanes. No smoking in restaurants. Not that it bothers me since I don't happen to smoke. I do think all this smoke-free environment has made me become much more sensitive to cigarette smoke. Now, when I leave a restaurant, there is often someone there smoking. It smells so bad it seems like I might as well be smoking the cigarette myself. I have to resist the temptation to go up to the smoker and make some sarcastic comment like, "Thank you so much for smoking here, I really needed a nicotine fix and I'm all out of cigarettes."


Then I think of the following bit from Steve Martin and get a little chuckle.


If I'm in a restaurant and I'm eating and somebody says, 'Hey, mind if I smoke?', I always ask, "No, mind if I fart? It's one of my habits. Yeah, they got a special section for me on airplanes now. I quit once for a year, you know. But I gained a lot of weight. It's hard to quit, you know? After sex, I really have an urge to light one up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment