Email AdultMusings@gmail.com with sites you recommend, ideas for us to write about, or to submit articles you have written.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Can't We All Just Get Along?

(Observation)

We're well into the twenty-first century now and people around the world are still speaking all different languages. As a matter of fact, I live in the United States and people here still speak many different languages. I think it's time people got together and decided on one language for everyone to learn. For God's sake, I sure hope it's English.

Actually, I'll have to say that it seems English is pretty much accepted as the international language of business. This is a good thing because most of us Americans pretty much suck at learning foreign languages.

Which brings me right into my next global issue-- can we decide on one standard system for measurements please? We've pretty much got the English system with feet and the metric system with meters. I'm American, grew up using English measurements, and yet even I can see that the metric system is the way to go. I remember we were going to switch over to the metric system some twenty years ago or so, but instead we just added metric measurements alongside our English measurements. Pretty darn pathetic. Wake up America and let's go metric once and for all.

In the mean time, can everyone please just drive on the right side of the road?

No comments:

Post a Comment